- Tumblr Blog/News
- Short Films
- Movement Film Series
- Music Films
- Circa Music by Maps and Diagrams
- The Future is Blinding Music by Epic 45
- Found Objects Music by Maps and Diagrams
- One kind of blue Music by Maps and Diagrams
- Halocline Music by Loscil
- Flying Music by The Telescopes
- Close to the edge Music by Development of Shape
- Daddy’s Girl, Mama’s Boy.
- Finding Heart Through Pain Music by Mountain Men Anonymous
- Andy Robbins Trio Live Music Session
- Images, Distant Thoughts Music by Maps and Diagrams
- Radar Action Interlude Music by Spectrum Fires
- Instant Jplug Music by Arcade
- Spruce Music by Füxa
- Nice Car Music by Herzoga
- They cut into the Hill Music by Epic 45
- Xanexxx Music by Mountain Men Anonymous
The silhouette that the leaves make against the sky
Click on the Internet Archive logo above to listen
Recorded and released in 2010
Released by the record label Feedback Loop
Press Release info
A journey is a beautiful thing. In most cases the journey is as important as the destination it takes you, or the final copy of something you create. The silhouette that the leaves make against the sky takes you through a number of journeys over the course of twenty-two minutes, and each one of these is breathtaking.
I decided to go on an expedition of my own, accompanied by the music of Daniel Hopkins aka Landcrash. I began by walking the streets of my town without knowledge of where I was going or how I was going to get there, and as each track played out before me like a mini narrative I felt compelled to write about the stories that came to my mind, illustrated by this release.
In the distance I could hear the echoing thud of tools against wood, a carpenter slowly shaping his creation one knock at a time, guiding himself through a creative process which would end in something timeless. Walking further I pictured a young child with his head held high in awe of the passing clouds, on a journey of his own. As the final seconds of the record fade away I felt I had come far enough and my own short journey was over.
In listening to this release, Landcrash has illustrated to me pockets of discovery and creation. And so I leave you with one suggestion, wherever and whenever your next journey takes you, let The silhouette that the leaves make against the sky accompany that journey, it will make it all the more sweeter.
mastered by madSavVy Productions
photo by Jessica Aliaga Lavrijsen
cover design by Leonardo Rosado
(cc) by nc nd November 2010
““In search of the long lost cassettes of my youth” is serendipitous in that this morning, while looking for a bread knife, I found two examples of precisely those. Do take the brief time to listen to it all. Lo-fi to the highest.”
Interview about the record on the electro acoustic hour of Salford City Radio by Jon Monk.