- Tumblr Blog/News
- Short Films
- Movement Film Series
- Music Films
- Circa Music by Maps and Diagrams
- The Future is Blinding Music by Epic 45
- Found Objects Music by Maps and Diagrams
- One kind of blue Music by Maps and Diagrams
- Halocline Music by Loscil
- Flying Music by The Telescopes
- Close to the edge Music by Development of Shape
- Daddy’s Girl, Mama’s Boy.
- Finding Heart Through Pain Music by Mountain Men Anonymous
- Andy Robbins Trio Live Music Session
- Images, Distant Thoughts Music by Maps and Diagrams
- Radar Action Interlude Music by Spectrum Fires
- Instant Jplug Music by Arcade
- Spruce Music by Füxa
- Nice Car Music by Herzoga
- They cut into the Hill Music by Epic 45
- Xanexxx Music by Mountain Men Anonymous
Fields That Speak
“The Somerset Levels and Moors are a quiet and distinctive landscape valued by those who visit as a place to relax and unwind.”
Daniel Hopkins grew up in and around the Somerset Levels, surrounded by the gentle and quiet landscapes of the area. As a child he spent most of his time exploring the fields that surrounded him.
Hopkins says……. The landscape that makes up the ‘fields that speak’ haven’t changed in all the years I have known them. This film is the first document I have made about the place I grew up in. Fields that speak is a series of static shots of the landscape that is on the fringes of the Somerset Levels. Within these static shots are natural movements of the land. The clouds moving overhead, the trees blowing in the wind, the flutter of the grass.The soundtrack to the film is a response to the images within the film Hopkins creates subtle drones and unnerving textures, some from actual field recordings of the landscape.
Fields That Speak’ is a short film about the landscape of a small area of Somerset in the South West of England. The film tries to create a sense of place, a sense of what it is like to experience and observe the
landscape within the frame. Formed from a series of static shots the movements within the frame are of a subtle nature, the wind blowing the trees, the clouds moving above. Fields That Speak encourages you to do the movement to observe what’s within the frame. The soundtrack is a shifting textured piece of ambient music created in a similar vein to Hopkins music as HL. This film represents collaboration with the two elements of Hopkins work his music as HL and his work as a filmmaker.
This film is currently showing on Souvenirs of the Earth a Cable TV Channel in France and Germany